INVICTUS

I am master of my fate, I am captain of my soul (from a poem by William Ernest Hendley)
There is no chance, no destiny, no fate, that can circumvent or hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul ( quote by Ella Wheeler Wilcox)

Thursday 26 December 2013

On The Eve of Surgery


Got myself admitted to the hospital at around 2.00 pm today with my nephew A accompanying me. So the room above will be my home for the next three or four days at the most I hope before I transferred to the recuperation facility. This time it will not be a very brief procedure like the cataract operation as total knee replacement (TKR) is quite invasive and is considered a major surgery. 

My state of mind? Well, my nerves are a little edgy, as my blood pressure reading is 148/70. Could also be because I woke up at 3.00 am this morning and couldn't continue sleeping anymore. Could also be because I forget  the BP medication last night. Mickey too was very attached to me yesterday and today, sensing intuitively that he would be sent for boarding for quite some time. Hang on there, Mickey baby, Wan Nyah loves you so very much but I just have to do this.

Dr. Ong came to see me just now. Just ensuring all my vitals are okay I supposed. Also discussing all the medications that I take daily to make sure it doesn't interfere with the surgery and also after the surgery. I believe such meeting is also geared towards putting the patient at ease and to boost morale as it makes you feel good that the person who is going to operate come and spend a little time with you before the surgery. I trust my doctor and I believe he will do the best for me.
So, bye for now Mickey dearest, Ibu, Gollum, Kuning, Bobo, all the felines who just had a new cattery in Putrajaya too!

My dinner this evening, green curry
chicken, stir fried kai lan and
Milo jelly

4 comments:

  1. Assalamualaikum Kak Zah. Kami semua doakan semoga pembedahan lutut Kak Zah berjalan dengan jayanya dan semoga cepat sembuh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam kak zah, hope the operation when smoothly. Praying for your fast recovery....from us the Putrajaya colony :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Ain n Zam. Today is 4th day after surgery day. I'm walking using frame and started physiotherapy from second day. So far so good. I could have been on second day but requested to stay until this coming friday so that I can do intensive physio morning n afternoon.

    ReplyDelete