INVICTUS

I am master of my fate, I am captain of my soul (from a poem by William Ernest Hendley)
There is no chance, no destiny, no fate, that can circumvent or hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul ( quote by Ella Wheeler Wilcox)

Tuesday 10 December 2013

Nostalgic Jogjakarta

In November 2012, I, PA, Darling and Darling's significant other EA went to Jogjakarta. We had a lovely time. I fulfilled my long time wish to visit Borobudur and Prambanan. I had visited Angkor Watt with PA before that and was totally fascinated with the ancient structures we saw there. I love visiting old places, old castles, places of worships and all the ancient architecture associated with them. Borobudur and Prambanan are magnificent structures. Prambanan especially is hauntingly beautiful that I just want to visit it again, just like l want to re-visit Angkor Watt. I will never get tired being in places like those.

Tidying up in the house today, I found an old Jogja newspaper that I brought back from that trip. The hoarder in me is reluctant to part with this piece of Jogja. So before I throw it away, I snapped some of the articles in it. Some memorable photos from that trip are also pasted below. Didn't write about some of those trips because I only started blogging in late July 2013.







The majestic Borobudur behind me

The beautiful relief on one of the
Prambanan temples
Prambanan temples, beautiful, spiritual
The gorgeous Padang Tritis beach

The pool where members of the harem bathed. The
Sultan would be watching from the room in the
tower. He would then through a bouquet to the
lady of choice. The chosen lady would spend a
night with the Sultan.

Prambanan, meeting you at last!





No comments:

Post a Comment