INVICTUS

I am master of my fate, I am captain of my soul (from a poem by William Ernest Hendley)
There is no chance, no destiny, no fate, that can circumvent or hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul ( quote by Ella Wheeler Wilcox)

Monday 7 October 2013

Meeting SK

Yesterday I went to the Midvalley shopping centre to meet my old friend SK whom I have not seen or talked to for ages. We had brunch at Belanga and we thought about catching a movie. Unfortunately for the 2 or 3 movies that we fancied (Gravity, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2, Inferno) the only seats available are those in the front most row. So cancelled the movie, some other time then. That's the thing I hate about the cineplexes in the big shopping malls, tickets are not easy to get if you just walk in, especially on weekends. Had a similar experience twice in that lovely Setia City Mall with Darling and Dear.

I got to know SK when I was warded in PMUM (formerly known as UH) way back in mid 1990's and she was working with the university. We struck up a friendship. Everytime I had a follow-up at the hospital, I made sure I saw her. We would be chatting at the hospital's cafetaria with a few other friends I made during my hospital stay.

So yesterday, after a hiatus of about ten years, we met. We talked for a long time about things in our lives. She is still working with the university, I am retired now. Her mum had passed away, my mum too. SK is quite a traveller, she has been to a lot of places and many countries. I would say, I am just beginning to travel. With my close friendship with Darling, Dear and Pn Azua at the office, I too has been bitten by the travel bug. I really do hope to visit more places now that time is more available to me. Looking forward to 18-20 October trip very much.

So thank you so very much SK for not giving up on me when I did not contact you for years (for whatever excuses), I value your friendship very much.


I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul - from the poem INVICTUS










1 comment:

  1. "Looking forward to 18-20 October trip very much." Where to???hehehe...

    ReplyDelete