INVICTUS

I am master of my fate, I am captain of my soul (from a poem by William Ernest Hendley)
There is no chance, no destiny, no fate, that can circumvent or hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul ( quote by Ella Wheeler Wilcox)

Monday 14 October 2013

A Day in a Life..............

This post was first written on Saturday, 12th Oct. 2013.

About a week ago I happened to watch a BBC Knowledge documentary about exercise. The title was either "The Truth About Exercise" or was it "What You Should Know About Exercise". The programme discussed the latest findings on the effectiveness of exercise on loosing weight, the differences from one individual to another on  the kind of exercise choosen and also why is exercise very important even if you do not lose any weight. At the end of the programme the narrator was saying something like "get off the couch, too many of us are sitting on our chairs for hours and hours" - that hits me in the face like a cannon.

Okay, woke up at around seven today. No, I am not going to continue sleeping this morning. Let's be a little more active today and morever I have a few errands to run. First and foremost, I had run out of hypertension medication. Didn't take one last night. So took a bath, get dressed and drove over to Klinik Hari in Port Klang town. The clinic is situated along the main street of our port town and I arrived at the parking area after about 15 minutes of driving at 8.45 am. It's a Saturday therefore I managed a parking spot very near the clinic and next to the main road. Walked over to the clinic and asked the nurse to provide me with two-months supply of Micardis 40mg. Would have preferred to speak to the GP but Dr. Hari was not yet in. Some other time then.

Okay, medication checked. Next to go and see Kuning at CIAST because I made a promise to myself to check on Kuning as he just had his second vaccination yesterday. Kuning is the handsome year-old orange tabby kitten who has wormed his way into our hearts in CIAST. Since Darling has taken the initiative to vaccinate the orange boy, I thought I would do my part by making sure he is fed during weekends and also to ensure he doesn't have a bad fever after the vaccination.

So Kuning is OK, he's eating and drinking OK and I think just a slight temperature perhaps (orang Perak kata dedo). Placed some extra kibbles for the other cats and refilled their drinking water. It was already drizzling quite bad then. By the time I got into the car and drove to the parking area next to the hall in front of CIAST the rain was torrential. What else to do, stay in the car, take out my tablet and started writing this post. I was already very hungry as I hadn't had my breakfast yet. The nasi lemak stall is just across the street, about 3 minutes walk, but I had no umbrella, so I had to bear the rain for another half hour before I managed to have some breakfast.

All right, what are my other errands? I need to replace the battery for my digital weighing scale. Perhaps at some watch shop. I would like to browse for the cute Crocs sandal I saw at Empire Gallery that day. I also need to get some betnovate cream and some of that allergy tablet Adezio from the pharmacy. Eczema sufferers  usually need a supply of these medications. I left the car at CIAST and took the commuter train to Subang Parade arriving there at around 12.00 noon
I came out from Subang Parade at around 5.00 pm. What did I do in that five hours? Well...............

I went into a watch shop with the intention of buying the battery for my weighing machine. However upon entering the shop I caught sight of some smart G-Shock watches in fascinating colour combination. There was one in dark blue and grey which I really liked. There was another in transparent dark blue which was just as georgeous. Should I get one of those? No, stop it, I already have quite a number of Baby-G watches which I really adore. Some other time may be. I went out of the shop and totally forgot about the battery.

Wandering around I saw a lot of people in that World of Sports shop. This shop always seemed to have bargains. Walked slowly around the shop looking at sport shoes, backpacks, sports bags, sports equipment, casual wear shirts, etc. I ended up buying two pairs of shirts at 50% discount. Loved the shirts because it is made of material that dries quickly upon washing and therefore are very suitable for travel. I am going travelling with Darling, Dear and Pn Azua this coming 18 - 20 October, yahoo !!!!! They are keeping the destination a secret, it is in ASEAN country it seemed. Well, Malaysia is an ASEAN country too. Anyway, I am guessing we are going to Thailand. But which part of Thailand? I think somewhere quite near, such as Hat Yai, Songkhla, Phuket or Krabi. Am I right guys?

Almost next to World of Sport is the Crocs outlet. Unfortunately the cute model that I wanted to buy was not available there. So I went browsing at Parksons and after that went into MPH. Bought a book at MPH entitled" Born in Malaysia, A Photographer's Journey" by Kenny Loh and Tan Joo Lee. Then I went to the ground-floor Caring Pharmacy and bought my eczema medications.

I had some pasta for lunch at the new corner eatery called Pastryville. It is more of a patisserie actually as there are many pastries, cakes and dessert. However simple meals like pasta are also available. I like its location as it is an end corner shop and a cozy place to rest after going round the shopping centre.

By the time I finished lunch, it was almost five and I walked to the train station and took the train back to CIAST. I fed Kuning and the other cats and played with them for a while before driving home. I arrived home at 7.00 pm.

So, in my opinion, that was a Saturday quite well spent, timewise and moneywise too!

Kuning has a long beautiful tail,
like the ring-tailed lemurs of Madagascar
The predator in Kuning made him very interested in the bird carcass
Gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment