INVICTUS

I am master of my fate, I am captain of my soul (from a poem by William Ernest Hendley)
There is no chance, no destiny, no fate, that can circumvent or hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul ( quote by Ella Wheeler Wilcox)

Tuesday 6 August 2013

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri 2013




As mentioned in the quote above, family isn't always your blood relations. Families are people who are with you through thick and thin, people who accept you for what you are, people who do not judge you even when you are weird and strange, people who forgive you when at times you are cranky and irritating and people who still love you even when they do not really like some of the things you do. Families are also people you always go shopping together, eat together, travel together, work together and share stories together. Families do have misunderstandings, frictions and conflicts, but things do get usually resolved in the end.

To all my family in CIAST, Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri and Maaf Zahir Batin. I will be leaving public service soon and will start a new phase in my life's journey. Honestly, I am a little apprehensive about retirement because it involves a few changes in my life. Changes are always uncomfortable and I for one, usually like to be in the "status quo" region. But then, how do I know what lay ahead? For all I know there are many things in store for me which I might not have anticipated. Looking back, many chaotic events in my life were actually precursors to some form of peace and contentment, so why not keep a positive attitude.

So gang, Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri! Darling, Dear, and Bonda who are almost my constant companions ever since our togetherness in PL under En. Sayed and En. Mohd Noor Minhad. The routines of having breakfast and lunch together at the cafetaria and also a lot of outings to the various eateries in and around Shah Alam and KL will be forever etched in my memory. Not to forget Kem who is now in Pasir Gudang. My friend Siti Z, our friendship goes a long way back, since the establishment of CIAST in the eighties, you're the coolest, most level-headed lady I know. Pn. Azua who travelled together with me to Siem Reap and later on to Jogja. Siti Y, En. Loh, En Aziman who are also part of the breakfast group and lunch group at the cafetaria.

To everyone in KK Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri, especially En. Hamdan,  An and Zam whom I consider my immediate family members. Not to forget Pn. Su who has been transferred to JTM early this year. Have a safe journey to and from the kampungs everyone and go easy on the feasting, else your weight will shoot up immediately after Hari Raya!

Part of the breakfast and lunch group at the cafetaria

Gang LA

Two tourists at Prambanan Temple, Jogja

 At one of the eateries in Sunway Pyramid

No comments:

Post a Comment