INVICTUS

I am master of my fate, I am captain of my soul (from a poem by William Ernest Hendley)
There is no chance, no destiny, no fate, that can circumvent or hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul ( quote by Ella Wheeler Wilcox)

Friday 16 August 2013

Going Back to KK

 I went home to Kuala Kangsar (KK) during the Nuzul Quran weekend to see my parents. Since I have the arthritis about a year ago, I have not seen my dad and my step-mum.
So, taking advantage of the three-day weekend, I took the ETS train service from KL Sentral to Ipoh. The ETS Silver journey took two and a half hours and cost me RM25. It was quite comfortable, the coaches were clean and the seats have comfortable space for you to stretch your legs, that is if you are not too tall. A lot has been said in the past about the mediocre maintenance culture in KTMB, especially where KTM Komuter is concerned and I really really do hope that the ETS service is properly maintained so that it will always be a popular transportation alternative for many people. Let's hope too, the service will be extended further to the north as soon as possible.
On arrival at Ipoh Railway Station I walked to the bus station to KK about half a kilometre away and took the transit bus. Some snapshots of my journey back to KK that weekend are displayed below.



The old dilapidated Kuala Kangsar Bus Station in Ipoh

Beautiful old, colonial building in Ipoh

Row of shop-houses in Chemor town

      
Inside the transit bus to KK (left) with the lady conductor. Notice the famous 
kacang putih seller in front of the bus. I will keep this nostalgic punched-out 
ticket (right) for my scrap book.

     
With my fellow travellers (left) and some of the  the famous limestone cliffs of Ipoh (right).
     

Sungai Perak (left) and another one of the limestone cliffs (right).

My dad's affectionate and loving Ben

 A bit of an attention-seeker, Ben loves being around people and is always lying 
down on the sofa whenever we are there, having a conversation. He is such a gentle creature.


No comments:

Post a Comment