INVICTUS

I am master of my fate, I am captain of my soul (from a poem by William Ernest Hendley)
There is no chance, no destiny, no fate, that can circumvent or hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul ( quote by Ella Wheeler Wilcox)

Thursday 25 July 2013

On Starting This Blog.......

So, I too have latched onto the bandwagon of blogging, after thinking and thinking about it for a long time. Yesterday at lunch, I published my first posting. I am a very very latecomer but better late than never that is as far as doing something good for yourself.

Why do I want to blog?
Firstly, I am an introvert and introverts more often than not are reserved and shy. I tend to express myself better on paper than verbally. I take pains to write SMS but would rather keep phone conversations short. Definitely I am not much of a conversation maker but I think I am a much  better letter writer. Well, those were the days, who write letters anymore nowadays? So this space is where I express my thoughts and feelings about everything, from the antics of my beloved Mickey, books I find very interesting, my favorite bookshop, my favorite eatery to discussing topics on arthritis, latest good movie or the new shopping mall in town.

Secondly to encourage all my neurons to make new connections as time goes by and therefore keep my mind active. For that matter I chose to blog in English, even though I might be struggling a little with the language. When you blog you will have to think about what to write, and how to write it. You will have to think about grammar and punctuation and whether the writing sounds okay when you read it. For personal reasons, even if it just anecdotes about my daily life, I still hope my postings will be interesting and worth reading.

Thirdly, to keep in touch with friends and family. Since I will be leaving public service soon perhaps this is a better way of communicating with them. Some people used the social media platforms to keep their family and friends updated on their life. I used Facebook mainly to share my photos. Perhaps, I am a bit of a nerd and quite conservative but I honestly detest the slang language and the tons of spelling mistake people make on their Facebook updates. Well, that's me, others may find them cute actually!



No comments:

Post a Comment