INVICTUS

I am master of my fate, I am captain of my soul (from a poem by William Ernest Hendley)
There is no chance, no destiny, no fate, that can circumvent or hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul ( quote by Ella Wheeler Wilcox)

Wednesday 31 July 2013

Gollum LOTR (aka Siti Gollum)

About a year ago, me and my gang in CIAST came across a tiny tortoise-shell kitten who was very shy with humans. The tortoise-shell is a very attractive colour and Gollum was very cute at that time that we just couldn't resist cuddling and petting her and slowly she lost her shyness and became very attached to me and my friends Darling and Dear. I nicknamed her Gollum because I thought she was a boy and she looked a bit like the Gollum or Smeagol creature of  the Lord of the Ring Trilogy movies. No offence Gollum dearest, the creature in the movie is obsessed with the ring and quite horrible, but you were adorable and you melted our hearts with your gentleness and playfulness during those early months.

Beside feeding him, I get Gollum vaccinated and later on she was spayed. Gollum had to stay almost three weeks at the vet because immediately after the surgery she had some cat flu. I was worried but our girl got through her flu and came back to CIAST. She thrived after the surgery and became chubbier and lovelier
and we dotted on her even more. During that time I sometimes came to CIAST on Saturdays or Sundays because I just couldn't bear the thought that Gollum and some of the other CIAST cats would be hungry for the weekends. By then Gollum was people-friendly,  healthy, happy and a bit of an attention seeker.

A heavy shadow passes over me when I heard there was a move to get MBSA to destroy all CIAST cats. What will happen to our beloved Gollumn? I thought about rehoming her with Nizam's help or otherwise sending her to any of the animal sanctuaries around KL (PAWS being the nearest). I couldn't help feeling very sad about it because I do not know the person who will be Gollum's master or mistress. Will that person be kind to her?

God Almighty is great for then Darling decided to adopt Gollum even though she already had two of her own, the handsome Labi and Ibu. Darling had a few months back lost her kitten Labi who was run over by a car in front of her home and she said she originally had three and may be she was meant to have three cats. I was very very happy that Gollum will be with Darling and En. Amir but how will Labi and Ibu receive Gollum? Things turned well in the end because Labi was very taken with Gollum and Ibu was okay with her.

That was a few months back. Now Gollum is happy and healthy with her new family. Thank you Mak Andak and Uncle Amir for the caring individuals that you both are in adopting Gollum. That was one of the many good things that happened to me in 2013. Wish you many many many happy and prosperous years with Gollum, Labi and Ibu!


Always taking opportunity to play with us

The cute young lady

The adorable girl



No comments:

Post a Comment