INVICTUS

I am master of my fate, I am captain of my soul (from a poem by William Ernest Hendley)
There is no chance, no destiny, no fate, that can circumvent or hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul ( quote by Ella Wheeler Wilcox)

Monday 23 December 2019

Holding Up The Universe





                Image result for holding up the universe quotes           Image result for holding up the universe quotes




Just finished this book by Jennifer Niven. It's a young-adult novel. As I've said before, I tend to like young-adult book, because I feel young adulthood is a challenging time for most people. It's the time you feel like you're not a kid anymore but neither are you an adult. You're still dependent on your parents and you really feel like you want to be independent. You're eager to complete your education and you want to support yourself on your own ASAP. Well, that was the way for me then. Anyway, let's go to the book.

The story is alternatively narrated by Libby Strout and Jack Messelin. Previously Libby was morbidly obese and was once dubbed America's fattest teen weighing 653 lbs at age 13. When she fell ill, she had to be removed from her house by a crane and the house had to be cut open to let her out. At the beginning of the book Libby is sixteen, had lost 302 lbs, now weighing about 250 lbs.and is starting high school at Martin Van Buren somewhere in the states.

Libby lost her mum to heart disease very suddenly when she was ten.


No comments:

Post a Comment