INVICTUS

I am master of my fate, I am captain of my soul (from a poem by William Ernest Hendley)
There is no chance, no destiny, no fate, that can circumvent or hinder or control the firm resolve of a determined soul ( quote by Ella Wheeler Wilcox)

Monday 23 December 2019

About Bereavement





This is a very compelling book. It managed to make me finished quite a number of pages while having coffee at Starbucks. It's about bereavement. A rather morbid topic but nonetheless a part of life. We lose our loved ones every now and then and one day we too will depart this world leaving our loved ones.

Natural disaster of gargantuan scale like that of Boxing Day of 2004 tsunami and the March 11th 2011 eastern Japan tsunami no doubt left a mark on us, even if we were not directly affected  in the sense that we did not lose any friends or family members. Images after images of death and destruction were very painful to watch.

To be frank, I don't think I have really grieved for anyone. I missed my late mum very much, yes, but I don't think that I was grieving for her. Because I was adopted by my aunt and was not brought up by my biological parents, I wasn't particularly close to my mum and my dad. Nowadays, I believe that mum and dad are in a good place, a happy place, a place of overwhelming peace, love and compassion. I believe that they are still watching over us, their children.





No comments:

Post a Comment